Monday, October 12, 2009

My Third Job - Retail Boooring!


Job #3

Not nearly as interesting as the first two, but it must be included for the sake of accuracy of reporting... right? Ok. Job   # 3 was the last of the jobs that I took as a result of my friendship with Karen. I think it was during the same summer as the other two one-day jobs. I was thirteen.

Since this one is a little boring... I'm going to run through it in outline form, so that we can get to job #4.

1) Again, Karen's mother knows someone, who knows someone, who needs some people to come in and work for a day.

2) This time the place is legit.

3) It's a downtown, clothing retailer.

4) I learn how to do all of the following:

  • press clothes with an industrial steamer;
  • fold clothes properly
    • Supposedly the way I had learned as a child was wrong.
    • (However, I've since heard that my way is the right way; so, now I'm confused.)
  • hang, shelve and otherwise organize inventory/merchandise in a customer-friendly manner around the store
  • market a clothier by modeling its clothes up and down the street 

It paid $10/hr. I liked it.

Move along now, there's nothing to see here : )
(Just kidding. Come back for Job #4. Plenty of story there.)

No comments: